As I shared before we celebrated Taryn’s first birthday with a fun sunshine themed party! It was a traditional party complete with 55 guests, balloons, a big cake and lots of CHAOS!! :) I promised myself I wouldn’t go overboard with the details and try to enjoy the party but as anyone who has ever thrown a kids birthday party knows it goes by WAY to fast and you don’t have time to talk to anyone or see anything. That said, I glad we got some of the fun photos below to remember “our sunshine’s” big day!
- My great-grandmother’s sloppy-joe recipe! They were served at my first birthday party and now Taryns.
- The highchair I got for $3 at a garage sale! We spray painted it yellow and added a fun ribbon banner. It was hands down my most favorite detail at the party!
- My vintage baby bath tub we used to hold beer and lemonade!
- The three pieces of cake and bottle of champagne I managed to slurp down during the party (I think I was secretly celebrating J and I making it through our first year as parents!)
- Gift opening during naptime = one crabby birthday girl
- 90 degree temps made it too hot to enjoy outside making for a very crowded house!
- How fast my baby girl is growing up. There are days I swear she changes right before our eyes.